SMI Hammer Unions
- SMI Hammer unions are manufactured by steel forgings using appropriate materials to specific pressure ratings.
- SMI Hammer unions are available in a choice of end connections. API line pipe threads are standard.
- Butt Weld End is available. Customer needs to specify schedule of pipe while ordering.
- H2S service is available and all H2S service parts of SMI unions conform to the latest NACE specifications.
- All SMI Hammer union components can be interchangeble with WECO on the same size and figure.
- All SMI Hammer union nuts have three hammer lugs.
- SMI Hammer unions for low-pressure services (Fig 100 – Fig 200) feature a primary metal-to-metal seal.
- This metal-to-metal seal remains leak-proof even one surface is slightly pitted or misaligned.
- SMI Hammer unions for Medium-pressure services (Fig 400 – Fig 600) is designed supplement the metal-to-metal seal with a resilient O-ring in the male sub. The replaceable O-ring extends useful life for union and protects the metal-to-metal seal against corrosion.